St Faith's Mission was established by Anglican missionaries around 1907. From the time it was established people from the local communities like Makoni Farm, Madzangwe and Madetere villages got employed there. Beniah Taiseni Makoni one of the most prominent inhabitants of the Mission farm was employed by the nuns as a cook (chef).
St Faiths Secondary School for Boys was established as a direct byproduct of the Mission. It started life as a primary school in the early 1920s, later becoming a boarding school for both boys and girls. The nuns ran the girls dormitories for years. The secondary school for boys was then established in c. 1965 on the site of the primary school. That meant St. Faiths had ceased being a boarding school for primary school children. The Primary School moved across the Jordan River to the old Clutton Broke Farm. The Secondary School became one of the few non-government secondary schools in the country.
In 1961 to make way for the boys' secondary school the Mission was disbanded. The Mission Farm was cut into small parcels of land and distributed to the Mission workers. Smaller parcels of land were distributed free of charge and the bigger farms were sold to some of the Mission workers. Forms 5 and 6 were introduced in 1987.
The school is symbolized by a Buffalo (a totem for the Makoni (Nyati) people).
The surrounding community is known for its resistance of the Smith regime. Under Mary and Guy Clutton-Brock together with John and Didymus Mutasa, a local, a radical agricultural settlement was founded.